Kaitlin has worn many hats over the years—writer, editor, social media manager, supervisor, and more. The size and scope of her responsibilities over the course of her career is far-reaching and includes co-creating and directing editorial calendars while concurrently managing multiple projects from conception to completion for a small virtual staff.
From finding and pitching stories, writing reviews and features, assigning and line-editing the work of colleagues and freelancers, and managing the daily operations of multiple social media platforms, strategic time management is a core strength as is an almost obsessive attention to detail.
Outside of the office, Kaitlin is an avid sports fan. Born and raised in the suburbs of Columbus, Ohio, she’s a dedicated Ohio State and Cleveland sports fan. In her free time, Kaitlin enjoys reading Young Adult, sci-fi, and fantasy books, spending time with her dog Riggins, and hiking (well, sometimes).
Associate Editor, TVGuide.com / CBS Interactive
May 2016 – Present
- Track trends in order to create variety of targeted, shareable editorial content that further expands well-known brand with rich history
- Report, research, write, and edit breaking news, long-form features, and reviews that continually push the story forward
- Oversee creation and maintenance of recurring special sections, including seasonal previews, best of the year, and awards coverage
- Copy edit and headline articles, homepage for maximum engagement
- Coordinate with social and video teams to produce timely and newsworthy content across multiple platforms
- Cover events, premieres, Television Critics Association press tour
Associate Editor, TV.com / CBS Interactive
2013 – 2016
- Managed editorial and social calendars to ensure proper coverage of upcoming programming, trending stories, live events, and more
- Reported on breaking news, wrote long-form features and in-depth critical reviews with insight, humor, and a strong voice
- Copy edited and headlined articles, social media content, and homepage for maximum reader engagement
- Managed and grew brand’s presence on social media platforms while monitoring trends and utilizing analytics to create effective strategies to increase readership and engagement
- Managed freelancers, editing and assigning stories as necessary
- Covered industry events, including the Television Critics Association press tour, Comic-Con, and PaleyFest
Constituent Records Coordinator / Ohio Wesleyan University
2012 – 2013
- Accurately maintained database of over 60,000 records of alumni, parents, friends, trustees, faculty, and staff
- Monitored, distributed daily press clippings and updates pertinent to constituents; tracked news as it related to top giving prospects
- Copy edited and fact-checked quarterly university magazine
- Supervised and trained student workers
Having been born and raised in the suburbs of Columbus, Ohio, Kaitlin is an avid sports fan but a dedicated Ohio State Buckeyes fan. Born into a family with a love of Cleveland sports, she spent years feeling defeated. However, it’s safe to say when the LeBron James and the Cavaliers became the first team in NBA history to come back from a 3-1 deficit to win the championship in 2016, she was more than a little excited. In her free time, Kaitlin enjoys reading Young Adult, sci-fi, and fantasy books, spending time with her dog Riggins, and hiking.